Our theme was "Our YW Values Help Prepare us for the Temple" About a month ago, we had a mutual activity where the girls chose women in our ward who represented the different values. Last week we took them a goodie plate and told them why we chose them. We have some pretty amazing women in our ward.
For the program, we asked a few of them to speak on the different values.
For dessert we had Cheesecake with different toppings which were all the Young Women Value Colors:
Faith {white} = Whipped Cream
Divine Nature {blue} = Blueberries
Individual Worth {red} = Cherries
Knowledge {green} = Green Sprinkles (I had to get a bit creative!)
Choice and Accountability {orange} = Mandarin Oranges
Good Works {yellow} = Lemon Pudding
Integrity {purple} = Blackberries
Virtue {gold} = Apples
Plus we had Wedding Slush...mmmm! Its always a hit!
For the handout I made these temple blocks...I found the idea on this blog. They turned out pretty cute and were perfect for our theme!
Now just a few shots of our adorable Young Women! :)
I have the best calling! :)
2 comments:
KATIE!! You need to invite me over to help you make all these crafts. Those are super cute and I would have loved to take one for me. :) You are the best advisor EVER. I am so proud of you!
Katie, what a nice evening of excellence. The blocks are perfect & cost efficient. I like the part of having them chose a woman in the ward and then inviting some to speak. Cheesecake idea also GOOD! You are amazing!
Post a Comment