Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Class 3

Class 3 was a tough class!  It was all about loss and grief.  For us to better understand the loss and grief the child is going through we had to talk about our own personal loss and grief in groups.  This was really hard for me.  I have a tough time talking about it to close friends, let alone strangers...but it was therapeutic!  For some it was easier to talk about their loss.  It was interesting to hear others losses and how its changed their lives. 

These children will be going through major loss and grief when they come into our home.  Everything they know has been taken away from them.  That's some major loss!  And children will show their grief in different ways.  With the children we're taking (younger) will act out in anger or sadness.  We're learning a lot about behaviors and deciphering what the child is trying to tell us by the way we're acting.

I went to this class with a headache and I left with a raging headache...it was a tough, deep, emotional class!

No comments: