Sunday, September 19, 2010

SIX YEARS!

We've been married for SIX YEARS!!  That's so crazy to me!  On one hand I feel like Howard and I have always been together, but 6 years seems like a looong time!  I am so lucky to have married my best friend and have him by my side through thick and thin. 

Six years ago...

We celebrated our anniversary at a funeral.  My cousin's wife passed away after suffering years with Lyme Disease.  I walked away from her funeral wanting to be better...to endure my trials better.   What a legacy she left.
Today was our Stake Conference and Elder Hales spoke.  How blessed we were to hear an apostle of the Lord speak to our stake.  He said something that really suck with me...that blessings will come after the trial of our faith, depending on how we endure. 
I've learned that the blessing of trials make us who we are and they build character.  I've been so uplifted this weekend, even if I spent most of it crying, its been a huge testimony builder, a resolve to do better, to be better.  I am grateful for all the examples I have in my life!

4 comments:

Adam and Emily said...

Congrats on 6 years!! You guys are such a strong cute couple!

maren sundahl said...

Happy 6th! I am sorry to hear about your cousin.

barbafamily said...

I heart you!!! What a beautiful post! And, happy anniversary :-) Love ya!

Davis said...

Yeah, long time!! I love you and Howard so much!!