Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Do you have any kids??

Its common for people to ask us this.  We've been married for 7 years and we're Mormon. (haha)  Our answer is usually a simple "no."  I don't want people to feel bad for asking, because it is uncommon that we don't have children.  But I'm also not going to get into the why we don't have children.  People you just met don't want to know about that.  We're excited to say that we have an new answer to that question... 

"No, but we're getting certified to be Foster Parents." 

We found out that we were approved by AASK to get certified to be Foster Parents.  We've gone through our first interview and home visit and its very exciting...and now we have lots to do to get certified.  Our lives will change forever by doing this and we couldn't be happier.  Its nice to have something on the horizon.  There are so many children out there who need a good loving home.  We might not know much about parenting, but we're so beyond ready to love and share our lives with a child. 

Its still a long process to get certified, so it will be a few months before a child will come into our home...but still, months!!  Months we can handle...we've been waiting for years!!

5 comments:

Brooke R. Harper said...

that is so, so awesome. I'm excited for you!!

Lindsey said...

Katie, I have tears in my eyes! I am SO SOOO happy for you - I can feel how happy you are too. Any child coming to your home will be so blessed.

Good luck with the process - I'm sure it will go quickly and smoothly. We love you guys!!!!

barbafamily said...

YAY!!! That is SOOO exciting! What a wonderful adventure you are about to embark on...there are so many children out there who despirately need a loving home and those children will be blessed to be placed into your home :-)

Davis said...

I am crying while reading this, can you tell I'm pregnant. I am so happy for you guys and I know I haven't been around as much as I want, but I love hearing about the process and all the hope that is in the future. Can't wait to meet those children!!!

Adam and Emily said...

That is so AWESOME!!!! You guys will make the BEST foster parents. Any kid that makes it to your house is truly blessed! I can't wait! And you guys truly amaze me it takes special people to be foster parents, and you guys definately got it!