Class 5 was all about behaviors! What a great class. I learned things that will help me in all areas of my life. I thought of things I could do in nursery, things that will help me with my co-workers and things that I'm SURE will help me in the future!! It was a very informative class.
In Foster Care, its against the law to do corporal punishment. We actually learned that punishment is a bad word. Discipline is the word we'll use. The term "discipline" comes from the Latin word "disciplinare," which means "to teach." We're teaching these children new behaviors. In some cases the child doesn't know any other way to act. Or screaming always got them what they wanted in the past...those types of things that will have to be taught a better way to act. We learned many ways to "teach" these new behaviors.
Needless to say, we learned a lot and took lots of notes!!
2 comments:
I need to work on that. We see Solana put Frankie in time out which is sometimes better than us yelling at Marek...we feel there are always better ways to teach our kids. We just need to keep learning.
I have been following your blogs about the classes you are taking. I am so glad you are posting them. Thank you. Keep it up. I love you both. By the way, what are some of the ways?
Post a Comment